Tuesday 18 November 2014

Paradise in Palm Springs

Hellooo, I didn't realize it had been so long since I last blogged, oops! Hope you all enjoyed my engagement story. I've had quite a few films developed since then and have really enjoyed looking back, even if it is slightly depressing with the cold English weather. So here's what we got up to next...

After 3 days in LA we fueled up on Donuts from the famous Randy's in LA and hit the road for a relatively short drive to Palm Springs. 










































On the way into Palm Spring we stopped off at Cabazon Dinosaur, it's your typical American road side attraction. So obviously I made Dan stop there, I have to say the dinosaurs in the car park were much more interesting than the ones inside the actual Dino park. It was a fun little stop though.























We then headed to our hotel or as it came to be known Paradise! I've never fell in love with a hotel as much as I did with the Desert Riviera. It was AMAZINGGGGG. The moment we got there we were greeted with a cold beer and congratulated on our engagement with a bottle of champagne. It's only a small hotel, more like a fancy motel, with just ten rooms that all surround the pool. For the first few day's there was only me, Dan and two other couples. Most of the time we had the pool to ourselves, it was pure bliss!

There was a BBQ for the guests to use, a shared kitchen with lots of little treats, a jacuzzi and bikes to take out when ever you wanted. It was it's own little garden oasis and we really didn't want to leave.

We were just a short drive into main street Palm Springs where we found plenty of shops and places to eat. On Thursdays they have Villagefest where arts, crafts and food trucks line the street where we had the most amazing tri-tip sandwich with a side of mac n cheese, nom!

As well as days spent lazying by the pool we visited a local shopping mall that had some pretty impressive views.

We also spent a full day exploring Joshua Tree national park and visited Salvation Mountain. Both of these were holiday highlights and I have way to many photos to share in just one post so more on them soon :)

We spent four nights in Palm Springs altogether and both wish we could of stayed longer. It has to be one of the best places I've visited in the USA so far and I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment