Thursday 3 July 2014

My Halina


The Halina Paulette is another camera from my collection. This 35mm viewfinder camera was made in Hong Kong by Haking in the 1960s, with a 45mm, f2.8 lens. It a pretty cheap camera, both in looks and feel but it does the job!




It's totally manual, you have to set the ISO, aperture, speed and even focal length which is pretty much a guessing game. I kept forgetting to change it which led to a few blurry photos, like the one above, but I do quite like the effect.



I took these images on a walk around Keele woods, all the flowers had started blooming and it was pretty every where you looked.



I would say it's more of a lomo camera for fun photography rather than capturing anything to special. I'm umming and arring about whether or not to take it holiday with me, I reckon I'd end up being either really glad I took it or being gutted about wasting my time with it. Hmm we shall see!




Do you own this camera? I'd love to see what other people make of it.

1 comment:

  1. This camera looks really cool! Seems like it would be a lot of fun to play around with.
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete