Friday 21 March 2014

Birthday in Bakewell

Last month was my sister's 30th Birthday, she wanted to do something special to celebrate so I suggested we go to Harthill Hall in the peak district. It's a group of holiday cottages set in the beautiful English countryside, just a ten minute drive from the cute town of Bakewell. Home of the bakewell tart!

I went with a group 12 friends last year and we had such a fun time. We stayed in the biggest cottage called The Barn. It had 6 bedrooms, a games room and a Jacuzzi! We loved it, there was plenty of room for us all and the picture frame around the living room window was amazing. Made you feel like you were looking at a big painting rather than out the window.

There is even a spa and a swimming pool onsite which we made use of. Here's a collage of some pics from last year taken on my trusty kodak point and shoot, my chinon slr and my instax mini 25 Polaroid.....


So after I had so much fun last year with my friends I thought it would be the perfect place for Lucy to celebrate her birthday. Luckily she loved it!

We stayed in one of the smaller cottages this time called the cokaynes. It was lovely inside, will a huge dining room, 4 bedrooms and of a jacuzzi again! The weather wasn't that great this time around but we were determined to get in the jacuzzi at least once, we lasted about half an hour before the howling winds forced us to make a run for the indoor pool, followed by a sort stay in the sauna.


We had a lovely weekend relaxing, drinking tea, going for walks, messing about in the swimming pool and taking a lovely little trip into Bakewell.

I'd recommend Harthill Hall for anyone who want's a nice country getaway with a group of friends or just as a couple.

Here's some photos from last month jaunt...


Picture 1- View of Harthill Hall, 2- Leanne at the cottage front door, 3- Me and Leanne enjoying some Asti, 4- Emma, Lucy (the birthday girl) and abigail (also my sister), 5- Abigail in the pool, 6- Abigail, Leanne and me, 6- Shot of Me and Leanne in our room, 7- The driveway into Harthill Hall, 8- The group at The peacock pub in Bakewell

No comments:

Post a Comment