Tuesday 13 May 2014

California Dreaming finale

So after part 1, 2 and 3 I'm sure everyone's pretty sick of my USA photos. So this is the last one I promise! (well at least until next time I go! :P).

First off there's a few photos from our visit to the Griffith observatory, it was the first time I had ever been up there and I loved it. The view was amazing! On one side you could see the Hollywood sign and on the other downtown LA. It was boiling the day we went so it was also nice to enjoy the lovely air conditioned indoors of the observatory to, which has some really interesting displays and information all about space. 

We also visited The Grove, which is an outdoor shopping place that get's featured in alot of TV shows. I wasn't very impressed with the main shops but I loved the farmers market, which had so many yummy places to get food. We went for a mega french dip beef sandwich with a side of Mac n Cheese, soooo good! This was the same day we went to Cinespia to watch the Breakfast Club. Cinespia is an outdoor cinema that sets up every summer in the Hollywood Forever cemetery. I didn't really know what to expect before we went, seemed abit weird sitting in a grave yard watching a movie but it was awesome! It was definitely one of the highlights of the whole trip and I'd recommend anyone visiting LA to see what's showing when your there!


The rest of the photos are beach, beach and more beach! Just because I love Venice Beach :)


I hope you've enjoyed these post's, I always love to shoot film on holiday as I find digital can distract you from the actual experience. Since you can see the photo straightaway your constantly thinking hmm if I just take another I can get a better shot or I don't like how I look in that photo..take it again and again and again. With film you take the shot and your done! You have to wait until you get home to see the outcome, which is always really exciting. It kind of extends the holiday for me, every time I get a film back I can relive everything I captured! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment