Thursday 29 May 2014

Lomo Fish eye 2


I've had the Lomography Fish eye 2 camera for about a year and a half now. I've already featured some shots I took with it here and here but thought I'd talk abit about the actual camera. It shoots 35mm film and has a 170 degree view. I used to have the original fish eye which I used all the time until the flash finally blew. I never got round to fixing it so when it came time for a new one I decided to upgrade to the newest version.

Unlike the original fish eye this one has lots of new features such as...
  • Multiple exposure setting..you can take as many shots on one frame of film as you want
  • Bulb setting which allows you to hold the shutter open for long exposures 
  •  Along with the built in flash you can also attach a second flash to the hotshoe. I have attached my Holga hotshoe flash before
  • It also includes a fisheye viewfinder to help with your composure. With the old one I'd just point and shoot and hope for the best. 
It is a really fun camera as you never know what might come out. Sometimes the shots are amazing and other times they are not so great. I took it to last weeks wedding and pretty much all the photos were a disappointment. I'm not sure if I had it on the wrong setting or whether there's a problem with the flash but alot of the photos were really blurry, but that's the risk you take with Lomo cameras and it's part of the fun in my eyes.

Hopefully the blurry blip was just a one off as I'd love to experiment with this camera more, especially using the long exposures which I haven't really taken advantage off much. 

Do you own a fisheye? What do you think of it?


4 comments:

  1. I've thought about getting a fisheye camera, it's a shame that the bulb broke on your last one! I love the photo of the flowers and the night sky, they've got a nice grainy effect - although I imagine it's hard to get good photos in dim light?! Great photos anyway x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should get one! They really are fun, especially for summer :) You can get some good shots in dim light if it's off people or objects quite close up, but you are right anything long distance at night isn't really worth taking xx

      Delete
  2. LOVE the pics! I want more Lomo cameras but now I'm a broke student again. One day... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) Yeh it's a shame the lomo cameras are so expensive I'd love to buy more to x

      Delete