Thursday 5 June 2014

Washing machine film




Ever wondered what happens if you put a used 35mm film in your washing machine? 

The answer for most normal people is probably not! but I gave it a try a while ago and thought I'd share the results...

 If you want to give it ago it's super easy.....

  • Shoot a roll of (cheap) film as normal on any camera, I shot these on my trusty Chinon
  • Throw completed roll into the washing machine with your normal wash (I put it in the pocket of my jeans so it didn't damage the washing machine) 
  • Leave out to dry for several weeks
  • Take to get processed as normal (I just mentioned the film was water damaged) 

ta-daaaa!

I really like the results! I'm currently experimenting with film soup, last week I threw a used film into a pot of boiling water with lemon juice. It's sitting in a bowl of rice at the moment drying out so fingers crossed something good will come out of it!

Can't wait to share the results either way :)

3 comments:

  1. This is such an interesting idea! Plus the photos look amazing too!
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an interesting idea! I'm gonna have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete