Thursday 12 June 2014

Snapshots & wise words

I'm a sucker for a good quote. I saw this article to the other day and some really jumped out at me so I thought it would be fun to share some of my favourites with a few snapshots taken over the last few months.

 “I never have taken a picture I’ve intended. They’re always better or worse.”
Diane Arbus


“Photography is the story I fail to put into words.”
Destin Sparks


 
 “The camera is an excuse to be someplace you otherwise don’t belong. It gives me both a point of connection and a point of separation.”
Susan Meiselas


“I don’t trust words. I trust pictures.”
Gilles Peress

“One doesn’t stop seeing. One doesn’t stop framing. It doesn’t turn off and turn on. It’s on all the time.”
- Annie Leibovitz

“The camera makes you forget you’re there. It’s not like you are hiding but you forget, you are just looking so much.” 
- Annie Leibovitz


“The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do.”
Andy Warhol



“I like to photograph anyone before they know what their best angles are.”
Ellen Von Unwerth


 “Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
Aaron Siskind


 “A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.”
Edward Steichen


“A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away.” 

- Eudora Welty 

“Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.” 
-Marc Riboud

“Photograph: a picture painted by the sun without instruction in art.”
Ambrose Bierce


“Only photograph what you love.”
Tim Walker























“To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.”
Elliott Erwitt

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, loved it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment and tweet! I'm so glad this has inspired you to take your holga out xx

      Delete
  2. Hey Vicki, if you enjoy quotes, there here is one you should like:

    “Photography is an itch that won’t go away. No matter how much you scratch it.” — Dara McGrath (https://www.photographytalk.com/photography-articles/photography-quotes)

    I'm sharing this photography quote because it set's the stage on what photography has become for me over the years. I suspect any who have picked up a camera, would feel this way as well. Photography is infectious in a positive way (excluding as we all know the damage on bank account!).

    Well I hope that quote prints reflection to your day!

    ReplyDelete