Friday 11 April 2014

Me and my Instax



As I have quite a variety of film cameras I thought it would be fun to do a series on my collection. I've already talked about my go to camera which I always carry with me. My Fujifilm Instax 210 is another firm favourite of mine.

I got the camera as a birthday present from Dan about 4 years ago now. I mainly use this camera for special occasions as it is rather big and takes up alot of room in my bag, however it's not actually that heavy. Here's a list of the good and the bad bits...

Pros
  • Instant gratification- No having to take the film to get developed, you click the shutter and the image develops in front of your eyes
  • Sharp and colourful images- The camera can produce some really beautiful pictures that a digital camera just can't match up to
  • Film is widely available- Unlike some Polaroid cameras the film for the instax is super easy to find. I usually buy mine in bulk from ebay
  • Affordable and user friendly

Cons

  • Not the best for indoor shooting- Unless you are quite close to your subject and use flash it's usually a waste of film shooting indoors.
  • Bulky- Like I said above you need a big bag to carry this around.
  • No flash control- You can't turn the flash off, it's got a mind of it's own
  • Blurry shots if you forgot to turn it to landscape mode

Although there are a few cons with this camera, I love it and have to say that 90% of the time I'm always happy with what comes out. You can see some of my favourites taken over the years below.


Do you own this camera? What do you love/hate about it?

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to have one of these to play with. Looks like fun. I'll keep these tips in mind if I ever get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo with the horse is amazing! Such a good shot! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ala, the one with the horse is super-fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete