Tuesday 8 April 2014

California Dreaming Part 2

I've got a big old case of wanderlust today. I just want to pack my bags and run away to some far off beach. I'm pretty sure everyone feels like that every now and then. Since I've been thinking about beaches and holidays all day I thought I may aswell share more images from my USA adventure. You can see part one here.

After our little adventure in San Francisco we hit the road and drove down the pacific coast highway heading for Big Sur. The views were spectacular! I spent the whole drive down just staring out the window and shouting for my boyfriend to stop the car so we could take pictures.


We chose to stay at Ripplewood resort in Big Sur. It's offers a variety of cabins set inside the woods of Big Sur. We loved it! Our cabin was so cute, it had a fire pit right outside where we toasted marshmallows to make s'mores like proper Americans! It also did the best breakfast, Omelette and hash browns..mmmmmm.


After checking in we headed to Nepenthe. A restaurant set up in the mountains high that has breathtaking views of the ocean and mountains. We stopped by and had some french fries and cocktails. Just lovely!


We visited Pfeiffer Beach. I had seen it online before we went on holiday and I'm so glad we went, it was abit difficult to find and had us driving down a very narrow and bumpy road that seemed never ending. When we walked onto the beach though it was worth it! If you are ever in Big Sur go the Pfieffer Beach!!

We only stayed in Big Sur for one night and we've all agreed since that we wish it had been longer. Wish I was there right now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow cool photos! Me and my wife did a trip through big sur as well, we rented a 77 VW van and camped out along the way! I also have a travel and film photography blog, you might like my california photos

    http://theplacesigoto.blogspot.com/2013/12/if-you-read-this-blog-it-might-seem.html

    ReplyDelete